Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Your Vote Counts!!

Okay, I must admit that I am not a politics person. My heart doesn't start racing while watching a political debate and to be honest, I didn't even watch any speeches from the infamous Obama vs. McCain election. But despite all of this I am still very glad that Amee Wittbrodt made learning about elections part of a Media & Society class assignment. I now realize that it is important for us as U.S. citizens to vote for who we want in office.  It really does make me angry when someone complains about who won an election and then when I ask them if they voted they reply with a hesitant "No..". You need to let your opinion be known and voice be heard. Although your vote may not make a huge impact, it does make a difference. 
So thank you, Amy, for making me think about things that I would normally ignore. Based on the information I learned in class if I were old enough to have voted in the '08 election, I would have voted for John McCain. He was a good man, not just a popular celebrity.

1 comment: